Tuesday, May 31, 2005

:: sidetracks :: Book tag - I'm it!

+ Looks like there's another "pass it on" going around besides the Musical Baton. The loverly Dab tagged me, so here goes:

Total number of books owned:
Hmmm. 300-400 maybe? I had a big box of books that got distroyed last year when my mum's basement flooded. I've yet to replace them. And my books are sorta everywhere. But must say that that estimate sounds about right....could be more though. Easily. Heck, if I bought every book I wanted to, there'd be no free walls for art because there'd be floor to ceiling bookshelves all over my place! :)

The last book I bought:
Um, I finally purchased my own copy of Katherine by Anya Seton. It's a historical fiction about the life of Katherine Swynford (sister to Chaucer's wife Philippa) and her romance with John of Gaunt, Duke of Lancaster. Being a huge anglophile and medieval buff, it's one of my favorite books.

The last book I read:
I'm still in the process of reading quite a few. I tend to read more than one at a time which isn't always good because sometimes I forget where I was/what was going on and have to go back and re-read to get back on track. Probably not the best use of time when that happens. Um, so let's see. Re-reading for the umpteenth Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (in the Omnibus version so I'm hoping to get through all the other books in the series as well), Sarum by Edward Rutherfurd, Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett (been taking a while to get through this because of the put down factor, have to keep re-reading bits), Lovemarks by Kevin Roberts (which I've been working my way through for a bit now), and The Science of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Michael Hanlon.

Five books that mean a lot to me:
Dang only five? Well, here's some. Hard to leave others out, like Shakeyspeare and the likes.
1) London by Edward Rutherfurd - It's long but worth the read.
2) The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy, of course! I'm counting all the books in the series on this.
3) Hey Whipple Squeeze This by Luke Sullivan - a must read for any ad folk.
4) Katherine by Anya Seton - love it to death!
5) Natural History of the Senses by Diane Ackerman - I've re-read this book many times. Interesting stuff!

Tag 5 people and have them fill this out on their blog:
Creative Generalist, Russell Davies, fellow Marketing Sherpa Reader's Choice nominee Not Billable, Gari Cruze at Ad Blather, and Gareth Kay at Brand New.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...